Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time is near.
Gifts, Gifts, Gifts...What to give this year?
For many us, giving a gift is a pain in the ass. Often times we have a ton of people to send gifts to, but no idea what to send them. There are gifts for men, gifts for women, gifts for moms, dads, friends etc, etc, etc. This year I decided to create a nice little gift guide for Christmas. It runs the gamut from traditional gifts to the outright unusual and everything in between.
If TRADITIONAL is their thing, let's go with the tried and true flower arrangement. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking... you're just saying that because you sell flowers. You're absolutely right, but let's be honest here, flower arrangements are great gifts no matter the occasion. There are blue flowers, red flowers, yellow flowers and even rainbow flowers. They can be given to men, women, the elderly and even to your pets.
The great thing about flowers is that it also tells a story. It gives the message of love, romance, gratitude, patience, affection, and adoration. In addition, flowers are also the perfect last minute gift. You and I both know that things can get pretty busy, and sometimes buying a Christmas gift is not on the radar, but when you need that just in time gift, no other gift is as CLUTCH (denoting a critical situation) as a beautiful set of flowers. So if you decide to go the traditional route, we've got you covered. From Christmas flowers to mini Christmas trees, check us out.
But what if they're a FOODIE?
Yum! I'm a foodie myself, and if a gift in my hand is not an option, I'll take a gift in my stomach any day. Like most food lovers out there, they're probably open-minded individuals who are willing to try something new and adventurous. If this describes your friend or family member, then maybe a gift with food is the way to go. So with food I mainly see 2 options here:
- Take them to a restaurant, or
- Cook them a mind-blowing meal
Now this can go many ways depending on your budget, time, locale, and (cough, cough)... your cooking ability. But you know yourself better than I do, so if the latter is lacking, go with option 1 (but even if you go with option 2, you'll probably get an A for effort). Click here for a comprehensive list of great restaurants by state.
If you choose to make them the best meal of their lives, I recommend that you go on their Instagram or Facebook account for some inspiration. Trust me, if they are really foodies, they probably have tons of images on their social accounts sharing all their food adventures.
Gift Baskets and fruit bouquets are also really cool gifts. For gift baskets, you can either make your own, or you can check out our unique collection of gift baskets. Fruit Bouquets are also fantastic. These amazing bouquets of chocolate dipped fruit are fantastic alternatives to the traditional flower bouquet, and better yet the perfect gift for those foodie types.
The Techies in All of Us
It's the 21st century and we're all plugged in. From smartphones, smartwatches, the cloud, tablets, laptops, and smart home technology, tech gifts are by far the most popular.
Did you know that the 10 most requested gifts last year for Christmas were all tech related? According to this article, here were the most requested Christmas gifts of 2014:
- iPhone 6+
- iPhone 6
- iPad Mini
- Playstation 4
- Amazon Kindle
- Xbox One
- Go Pro
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Samsung Galaxy S5
If the most requested Christmas gifts of 2015 look anything like last years, here are my predictions:
- iPhone 6S+
- iPhone 6S
- iPad Pro
- Apple TV
- The Phunkeeduck (if it's still legal to ride around your way)
- Samsung TV
- Apple iWatch
- Amazon Fire Kindle
- Drones (so many to choose from)
- BB-8 Drone Toy
Maybe my prediction plays out, but I can be pretty sure that many of you wouldn't mind receiving one of these gifts for Christmas.
Christmas Gifts for Him
Guys are easy to please and there are generally 3 categories of gifts for a guy. At the top of the list is some kind of tech toy or accessory to it. We love gadgets and anything that has a "cool factor" to it will be appreciated. Second, has to be food. This is a given, and as the saying goes," the keys to a man's heart is through his stomach." Last but not least is a gift that is more risque.
"Let's Talk About Sex Baby"
For any man, sexual gestures and all sorts of sexual acts are preferred. From the introverted to extroverted, sex is a topic that is always on our minds. This Christmas, try giving the gift of sex.
Now go ahead and get your sexy Santa suit or Mrs. Kringle mini skirt and get the role playing. Let it be a Christmas he will never forget.
Gift Ideas for Her
Here's a math problem:
If a man has $20 dollars and his woman has $10, How much does she have now?
If you said $30, Ding! Ding! Ding!
Whether you get it or not, the point of this is that you should put every effort into getting her a gift that makes her feel special. Believe me when I say that any gift just won't do. Go through her social posts, speak to her friends and family, and get down to what she talks about and what she wishes she had. This is a great first step in wanting to know her at a deeper level. She will also appreciate the extra effort in you trying to figure out what she wanted this Christmas.
Quite Unusual, Super Useful, and Uber Entertaining
Gifts that are quirky and entertaining can make the best gifts. Every year gift giving has become a routine and many gifts can be really cliche. We know that flowers can get cliche, but so can gift cards, clothing, teddy bears, and lingerie. I know I am contradicting myself, but hey, if the person receiving the gift gives you that "Oh! not another scarf" face, then you know it's time to get daring.
Here is my list of awesome Christmas gifts that are unusual, entertaining, but super useful (or just entertaining):1. Ugly Christmas Sweaters. Timeless, annoying, and still trending. Ugly Christmas sweaters have gone viral and they have remained viral year after year.
2. "The Golden Girls" Panty Set. You gotta be kidding me! I kid you not. This is the real thing. You can gift it as a gag, or to a Golden Girls number one fan. Want to know more? Go here
3. The Beard King Bib. Personally, I think this falls under the unusual but super useful category. Imagine never having to clean up those pesky beard trimmings. This is a great stocking stuffer and I won't be surprised when I find one hanging by my fireplace. So what is the Beard King Bib you ask? Watch this vid... it'll explain everything. I think it's ingenious.
4. Cards Against Humanity. Give the most popular card game today. Cards Against Humanity is not your average card game. The game is simple: there are two decks of cards; a white deck and black deck (excuse me while I giggle). There are several rounds in the game, and in each round one player asks a question from the black deck, and everyone has to answer the question with the funniest card from the white deck. So why is the game SO POPULAR? Mainly because of the controversial nature of the game. The game covers many sensitive topics that include politics, race, and religion. If you want an in-depth tutorial of this game, watch how people play the game here.
WARNING! PLAY AT YOUR RISK... YOU CAN END UP SECRETLY HATING YOUR WIFE, SISTER, BROTHER, MOTHER, FATHER, and/or BFF
5. Luggage Scooter - For the millennial world traveler, this scooter with a built-in luggage is a great gift. Why pull your luggage when you can ride it?